The European Commission acknowledges the major importance of communicating with the citizens, the responsibility belonging to the Member States and managing authorities of operational programs. The information and communication activities are necessary in order to increase the level of awareness regarding the financial instruments made available by the EU and Member States, as well as for the positive impact on improving the quality of the life of citizens.
The Commission establishes networks at the level of the European Union and they comprise the assigned members from the Member States in order to guarantee the exchange of information regarding the outcomes resulting from the implementation of the communication strategies, exchange of experience regarding the implementation of information and communication measures and exchange of good practices. (art. 117 of Regulation (EU) no. 1303/2013 of the European Parliament and Council of December 17, 2013). Taking into account this European Regulation, Romania decided to develop a joint communication strategy that would meet the horizontal aspects, especially the European Structural and Cohesion Funds (ESF, CF, ERDF), as well as the ESI Funds in general. (Ministry of European Funds, Communication Strategy for the 2014-2020 structural instruments).
The Managing Authority for the 2014-2020 Regional Operational Program (REGIO) is the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration, and it is also the coordinator of the National Network of Regio communicators. At regional level, the Regio communicators’ network is coordinated by the eight Regional Development Agencies which play the role of Intermediate Body (IB) for the 2014-2020 ROP.
At the level of the Bucharest-Ilfov region, the Regio Communicators Network is coordinated by the Bucharest-Ilfov Regional Development Agency. It will continue ensuring the institutional links strengthened in the 2007-2015 period.
The strategic objective of the Network is that of creating a unitary framework that would ensure the expedite and correct information of the general public, potential beneficiaries and beneficiaries about the opportunities of the Program and about the manner in which the REGIO funded projects can improve the economic and social aspects of the regional and local communities. At regional level the network includes the BIRDA representatives and the representatives of other institutions that perform promotion and information activities (central and local public authorities, chambers of commerce, academia, business environment, non-governmental organizations, mass-media etc.).
The network is operating based on volunteer accession of public and private institutions and organizations from the Bucharest-Ilfov region, and the organization and operation manual is available on the website.
Advantages of the members of the Network:
- Receive verified and summarized information regarding the 2014-2020 Regional Operational Program;
- Receive magazines, information or promotional materials dedicated to promoting Regio, developed by the Managing Authority or BIRDA, within the limit of the available stocks;
- Receive and can request reference documents for the 2014-2020 ROP or for the EU regional policy;
- Can attend the information events, seminars, workshops dedicated to the 2014-2020 ROP;
- Can propose the organization of joint events together with IB BIRDA for its own collaborators, on topics related to promoting and encouraging the absorption of funds for ROP at regional level or of other funds which can contribute to regional development;
- Can benefit from lecturers from IB BIRDA during the events organized for its own collaborators, on topics related to the implementation and absorption of structural funds or regional development funds;
- Are provided with special counselling and assistance in order to organize events (seminars, workshops, meetings) dedicated to REGIO promotion.
We invite you to become a member of this network by filling in the registration form available on http://2014-2020.adrbi.ro/retea/inregistrare-membru-nou/ or by filling in, signing and sending the accession form in a scanned format to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax +4021 315 96 59.